Sunday, June 2, 2013

Desert Kokeshi 3 砂漠のこけし 3

In the last blog I showed a picture of my one kokeshi in a rocky part of the desert. Today I brought it out to a smoother area with more sand. As you can see it's extremely bright in this part of the world -- sunglasses are essential here -- and it really hot! I believe it was about 41 degrees Celsius (106 F) today, and yesterday it was at least 43 (110 F), though probably higher than that. When the wind blows it's like a giant hair dryer is blasting you. This is definitely not kokeshi weather, and I'm afraid my kokeshi might get sunstroke one of these days. In fact, as you can see in the pictures below the kokeshi out here in the Arabian desert seems very out of place. Frankly, kokeshis need cool days, clouds, rain, trees, snow, and mountains just like people do.
سلام


No comments:

Post a Comment