Sunday, July 28, 2013

Desert Kokeshi 10 砂漠のこけし10

It is true that the Arabian Desert is hot and dry. Temperatures routinely go up to around 45 or 46 C (111-113 F), with a wind that blows like a massive hair dryer set on high. I have been out here for two and a half months and it hasn't rained once, so you would think everything would look like the moon as in the first picture. However, that is not the case. There is surprising amount of plant life here, at least where I am living, and with that some insect life. Many of the plants are succulents (plants that store water), but some also appear to very hardy relatives of weeds you might see in temperate parts of the US or Japan. I brought the kokeshi out with me this morning as I explored the strange flora of this amazing environment.
سلام 




No comments:

Post a Comment